Many of you have been following the rescue of Rosie, the 10 year old gal that OBR saved from a high kill shelter in Kentucky where she faced a certain death sentence with heartworm disease and a mammary tumor. Saving the old and sick is challenging for rescue, but OBR cannot see the Rosie's of this world left behind...they deserve so much better and we strive to ensure they get the care and love they've lacked in their lifetime.
With your positive thoughts, prays and support we are happy to report that Rosie traveled this Easter past weekend to the safety of her foster home in Pennsylvania. Rosie will be available for adoption in about a month following her recovery.
OBR has spent in excess of $1000 on Rosie's care to date...and we still have a ways to go in her on-going care through to adoption.
A GREAT BIG thank you to all who have donated so far to Rosie's journey to wellness and happiness. If you too would like to join "Team Rosie" and make a difference to this special girl, we would love to have you aboard. Think a $5 or $10 donation won't help? It will help more than you could ever imagine. In numbers we change this world, little by little, bloodhound by bloodhound.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
* Paypal payment sent to email@example.com
* Email Money Transfer (Canadian donations only) using your on-line banking, sending funds to firstname.lastname@example.org
* On Ontario Bloodhound Rescue's YouCaring.com page by clicking the Donate button at http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/go-team-rosie/333310
* For Canadian residence wishing a tax receipt, donations can be made by clicking here https://www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/ontario-bloodhound-rescue/
* Cheque made payable to Ontario Bloodhound Rescue and
mailed to Ontario Bloodhound Rescue; 766 Windham Rd. 13;
Simcoe, Ontario; N3Y 4K6; Canada
A special thank you to the OBR transport team for giving of yourselves during Easter to ensure a safe and comfy journey for Rosie to the loving arms of her foster family. And of course, to Kathy for opening her heart and home to Rosie.